Thyroid gland has power to regulate metabolism and the way our cells use the energy from food. This has affects on the way our body burns calories, the temperature of the body, and the heartbeat.
There are two major thyroid disorders types, hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism.
Important to know is that underproduction of the thyroid hormone, has symptoms like depression, irregular periods, forgetfulness, gain, dry skin, weight hair loss, muscle cramps, fatigue, constipation, and feeling cold.
The earliest signs of this thyroid disorder is weight gain.
Here are 6 ways to improve the health of the thyroid, prevent weight gain, and balance your meals:
- You should start eating healthy and learn about the adverse effects of refined sugar.
- You must avoid simple carbs, and products as soda, table sugar, flavored juices, packaged cereals, Corn Syrup Sweetened Products, and White Flour Products.
- You must replace simple carbs with complex carbs, as the body does not process them too quickly, and they will keep you full longer. That is oatmeal, whole wheat, raw fruits, brown rice, or 100% natural fruit juices.
- You should use coconut oil, because it is full with healthy fats, unlike other vegetable oils. This oil medium-chain fatty acids improve the function of your thyroid and improve the insulin sensitivity and glucose tolerance. You can take it 20 minutes before meals to prevent fat accumulation and to accelerate your metabolism, or you can use it in cooking.
- You should start exercising regularly in order to help your body burn fat and boost metabolism. Start doing intensity exercises to induce the hormone production rate of your thyroid gland, and prevent weight gain. You should start aerobic, running, walking and other cardio exercises.
- Eat healthy snacks, that substitute regular meals and keep you full for a while. Healthy snacks have ability to reduce the calorie intake.
— You should drink raw, organic, unfiltered and unpasteurized apple cider vinegar every day, which will help weight loss, reduce appetite, and balance your hormones. You should add a tablespoon of it to a glass of water and drink it every day.
— Eat regularly raw nuts because are loaded with nutrients and healthy fats that boost thyroid health. They also abound in selenium, which dramatically improves the thyroid function.
—Increase the intake of foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, such as high-quality fish.