Almost everyone knows how difficult it can be to maintain proper body weight. People have problems with excess of pounds, also the ones who exercise regularly. The children have a problem with obesity. About 40% of the people in India are obese. Half of the population in the world will have issues with obesity, according to statistics.
PROBLEMS WITH BEING OVERWEIGHT
- There are numerous problems caused by obesity:
- Problems with the ulcers, digestive disorders, blood pressure, cardiac problems, thyroid problems, diabetes, etc.;
- Psychological stress;
- Obese people usually consume more food than they need. About 1/3 of the world population consumes 50% more food than they can actually digest. If these people eat as much as they need food and water storage can be solved more easily.
WHY DO WE BECOME OVERWEIGHT?
- To gain weight is very easy, but losing them can be a great problem. Here we’re going to present you several reasons on why we gain extra pounds:
- Eating processed and packaged foods;
- Bad eating habits such as fast food;
- No physical activity. Spending too much time in front of our computers and TVs. We avoid going out for walks. We only sit in the car or get a taxi;
- Things that we consume with almost every meal: bakes, fried food, bread, flour, and pastries;
- Having unhealthy lifestyle, insomnia, sleeping throughout the day etc.
ARE WE OVERWEIGHT?
- People who are obese are not usually aware that they are overweight, and they have numerous problems that should be solved.
- In case you notice extra pounds and you don’t feel good about it, try to change your whole lifestyle as well as your diet.
- By using the waist-to-hip (WTH) ratio and the fat percentage you can easily find out if you’re overweight. In women, this ration is tolerated to have 25% and 2,3% increase. If you were 22% in the past, and now you’re 25%, make sure you check the BMI because it may be confusing.
- If you’ve gained weight your clothes can really help you to find out. In case your clothes are becoming small, you’ve probably gained weight and also someone can tell you. You can gain weight if you feel hungry although you eat often.
FAST WEIGHT LOSS DIET PLAN
In situation when you are sure that you’re overweight e.g. you gained some weight, prepare a diet plan. Find it on the Internet or prepare it with the help of a nutritionist.
Also follow these tips:
- You should choose a liquid diet that uses various soups and milk. About 25-30% of your meals should be liquid;
- Do not eat after 8 PM! In case you still feel a lot of hunger, eat a piece of fruit or drink some milk;
- You should start and end your day with a glass of lukewarm water;
- Eat less food than you feel you need. Have meals that are small enough, so you could feel hungry on every 3 hours;
- You should never drink water during and after meals! You should wait for 1 hour after eating to drink a cup of water;
- You must avoid alcohol, coffee, soft drinks, canned juice and tea;
- You need to walk at least four times a day for 15 minutes, before your meals;
- You can consume lightly cooked vegetarian food;
- You should use smoothies, seasonal fruit, lime juice, or salad as snacks, but don’t consume snacks more than 4 times a day because in that way, they’ll become your habit;
- You must avoid junk food (pizza, canned food, hot-dog, fried foods, processed foods pastries, sweets, because they are abundant in various preservatives and chemicals).