You should change few habits and walk more. You can lose weight, only by walking. Question is in order to lose weight how many steps you need to do?
While Walking How Much Calories We Burn Depends on 2 Factors:
- Body Weight
- Walking area
To be more specific here are the numbers you need to know:
If you walk for one hour your body will burn 400 calories. If you walk with an average speed of four miles per hour this will happen.
You should know that in order to burn 100 calories you need to make 2,000 steps. That is about 1 mile of walking. In fact, in order to lose 1 pound, you need to burn 3,500 calories.
The healthiest way to lose weight without yo-yo effect, is to lose 1 pound in a week.
That mean you must burn 500 calories in a day, or measured in miles you need to walk 5 miles on a daily basis.
You must change few habits.
How to Walk More (to make more steps)
- Avoid using the bus on a daily basis; you can walk to your home or workplace
- Use the stairs instead of the usual routine to use the elevator
- Walk you kids to their school
- Park your car a little further so you can walk, not on the exact destination where you need to get out
- You can walk to the station instead of using taxi or bus
How Often You Must Walk to Lose Weight?
The first 3 days you should only walk 15 to 20 minutes in order to adjust to your new routine. When you feel ready, increase the time to 30 or even 60 minutes per day. That is scientifically proven that is an efficient way to lose weight.
Walking will be a routine you won’t be aware that you are losing weight and doing something about it.