In the history of man today, more than ever, we are the effect of way too much stress alongside far more chemicals and toxins than ever. Fortunately, there are plenty of ways to support detox that are both simple, affordable and even relaxing.
Spirulina present a blue-greenalgae that abound with minerals, enzymes, antioxidants and amino acids. Spirulina bath revitalize, nourish and soften the skin. Spirulina helps with muscle aches and fatigue like if you feel like you are coming down with a flu or have built up lactic acid in your muscles from overuse.
If you use mineral base like Epsom salts in a bathwater medium creates a process called reverse osmosis. This pulls salt and harmful toxins out of the body and allows the magnesium and sulfates to enter into the body.
You should add the following to a warm bath:
- ½ cup sea salt
- 5 drops essential oil
- ½ cup spirulina, mixed in a pitcher of warm water (where to find)
Ten reasons to include spirulina
- It is known to be alkalizing to the body, that boosts liver function, a necessary element while detoxing.
- Spirulina abound with chlorophyll which is used for “detoxification” by helping remove toxins such as heavy metals and other pollutants from the blood.
- It is alternated with chlorella for detoxifying the body.
- Spirulina also abound in B-vitamins: vitamins B-1 (thiamine), B-2 (riboflavin), B-3 (nicotinamide), B-6 (pyridoxine), B-9 (folic acid).
- Spirulina is rich in vitamin E, manganese, zinc, copper, iron, and selenium.
- Dried spirulina has 8 mg calcium per 1 Tablespoon serving, that is more than raw spirulina.
- It abounds in protein. Amino acids make up 62% of spirulina and provide 4 grams per 1 Tablespoon.
- It has gamma linolenic acid, an essential fatty acid. found in a mother’s breastmilk. It poses anti-inflammatory properties especially when taken with other quality Omega-3 supplements.
- Spirulina has antioxidant activity, phycocyanin and beta carotene—antioxidants which help protect cells from damage.
- Because of the high concentration of bioavailable iron makes it excellent during pregnancy and for those with anemia.