Plaque present sticky colorless, film of bacteria which accumulates on the teeth. When left untreated, it continues to buildup and hardens into tartar, leading to gingivitis, or inflammation of the gum tissue.
There are several natural remedies which will prevent these issues in a completely safe and effective way so we present your one of the most popular and powerful natural remedy for a plaque.
Coconut oil is amazing natural oil that offers a myriad of health benefits, including supporting oral health. Coconut oil qualities can help you prevent dental issues and maintain a healthy and white smile.
Baking soda is useful in whitening the teeth and eliminating plaque and also can reduces a number of dangerous bacteria as it neutralizes the acids in the oral cavity.
Baking soda paste or powder is far more efficient in eliminating plaque than all the other non-baking soda products, according to a 2008 study published in The Journal of Clinical Dentistry, which analyzed 5 clinical studies.
Its excessive use might damage your enamel, so it is best to use it moderately.
NATURAL PASTE RECIPE WILL PREVENT PLAQUE FORMATION:
- A few drops of your favorite essential oil
- (for example, peppermint oil) *optional
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin (unrefined) coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda
You should take a bowl, mix the ingredients until you get a homogeneous paste. Also you can add a few drops of some essential oil.
You should dip your toothbrush into the paste and brush the teeth twice daily, in the usual manner.
Also these natural recipes are effective in removing plaque if used once or twice a week:
- You should mix a teaspoon of salt and 2 tablespoons of baking soda, and gently brush the teeth with the paste.
- You need to mix a teaspoon of baking soda with some hydrogen peroxide to make a paste, and brush the teeth and gums. After that spit it out and rinse the mouth well.
- You should put a bit of baking soda on the wet toothbrush, and brush the teeth. After that rinse the mouth with lukewarm water.
Experience has shown that coconut oil is the most potent natural ingredient for the cause, especially when used in a process known as oral pulling when it comes to teeth whitening.
This oil is abundant in medium chain fatty acids, 50% of which are lauric acid which has strong anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties which eliminate plaque and bacteria in the mouth. This oil helps to keep your breath fresh and whitens the teeth.
According to study published in the Nigerian Journal of Medicine in April 2015, which observed 60 subjects between the ages 16 and 18 who used oil pulling as part of their oral hygiene over a period of one month, revealed that the levels of plaque and gum diseases had dramatically lowered after 7 days of oil pulling.
HOW TO CONDUCT THIS METHOD:
- You need to swish a teaspoon of coconut oil in the mouth for 15-20 minutes, and not gargle it, but spit it out to remove the bacteria it has absorbed from the gums and teeth.
- You need to rinse with lukewarm water, and brush the teeth. Do this on a daily basis, and in several days, you will start noticing that your teeth gradually whiten.
- Add some coconut oil to a toothbrush or a clean cloth, and rub gently. Soon, everyone will give you compliments for your pearly whites!