One of the easiest, but still most effective exercises is walking. It can help you improve health and tone the muscles while losing weight. Not everyone is aware that walking can help you lose a pound or more weekly, and even 20 pounds in 5 months, without a specific diet regimen or another workout.
Also it can help you improve health and tone the muscles while losing weight. In order to lose weight in this way you need to know some important principles of walking.
There are two factors that determine the number of calories burnt during walking, the walking place, and your body weight. For instance, if you walk with an average speed of 4 miles per hour, you can burn 400 calories in 1 h. 3 miles more will help you lose additional 300 calories.
In case you make a daily plan and use a pedometer to help you while walking, you can obtain remarkable results.
There is pedometer that monitor the daily exercises and it will increase the chances to achieve the effects you desire. You should wear it near the hips, and it is not heavy but it will count the steps you have made during the day.
Like that you will know exactly how many more steps you need to do in order to lose weight.
In case you make 7,000 steps daily and you still do not lose weight, you can mathematically solve the issue and find out how to add the mileage as per a number of calories you should burn.
People need to make 2.000 steps in a mile to burn calories, usually, 100 are burnt in a mile. The pedometer will help you count your steps and you will determine how many calories are burnt and how much more are needed. This is explained here:
2.000 steps and 100 calories burned = 1 Mile
3.500 calories = 1 Pound
500 calories a day = Losing 1 Pound of weight a week
10.000 steps daily = lose 1 pound in a week
Begin slowly and then increase the number of steps. These tips will help you reach the needed 2,000:
- Avoid a taxi or a bus, but walk
- Walk with your children to school
- You should park the car far away from the place you are heading
- You should walk to your home or work, or get off the bus on the halfway
- You should use the stair instead of the elevator
There are pedometers that tell the number of pounds lost and a number of burnt calories which can additionally stimulate you. If you can, purchase a good-quality pedometer which will record all steps and all calories burnt, in order to control your achievements, and boost the process of weight loss.
These tips will help you make the routine more interesting and exciting:
- Listen to your favorite music which will motivate you to keep walking
- Change the routine and walk in different parks, areas, and neighborhoods
- You can invite a friend to join you while walking once or twice a week, in order to avoid it becoming a boring daily task
- You should change the track and enjoy new sites while walking.
- If it is cold outside, you can purchase a treadmill and watch a movie or your favorite TV series while walking
- Certain tips on the style will boost the effects of the exercise.
You should concentrate your eyes 100 feet forward, with the chin up, tighten the abdomen in the same direction with the spine and squeeze the glutes. The effects will be dramatically improved.
In situation when it comes to how much is enough, you can initially consult your doctor, who can tell if your body is healthy for this exercise, and will advise you on how much is needed, but not more than enough.
Begin to walk three times a week for 15-20 minutes, and then gradually raise the routine. You should walk 30-60 minutes every day of the week. You will use walking to achieve amazing effects in a completely natural way, and without any strict diets.